Thursday, April 14, 2005

Ouch!

(There are so many puns I could have used here)

Tonight at cricket practise a South African turned up and asked if he could have a bowl. He's the fastest bowler I have faced in a couple of years. All I can say is thank goodness for protective equipment, and we aren't talking about pads. Or gloves.

Let's just say that it was one, er, into the box.

Needless to say, we signed him up on the spot.

Postscript added the morning after:
It turns out in the same net session he also broke my friend James' thumb. In true bloke form, James batted through another ten minutes, finished his net and then wandered off to casualty. He's claiming bloke points for that. The trouble is, I suspect that for every bloke point you get, you also get one stupidity point.

No comments: