Thursday, February 17, 2005

An Ultimate Gig

Radio 6 and Jane Gazzo are playing my ultimate gig next week. This is where you get to email in the three bands you would have liked to see at your ultimate gig.

Me, I chose the following and for the following reasons (call me sad if you like):

The Band. Sadly I was only two and living in New Zealand when they split, which made seeing them a little tricky. And now most of them are dead... Thank goodness for the Last Waltz and The Festival Express so I can pretend to have seen them live.

Dire Straits. It might be just a little uncool, but there is something about a five minute song followed by a self indulgant five minute outro. Brothers in Arms was the first album I bought and the first gig I ever went to was to see them in Auckland.

Pulp. Just because.

No comments: