Sunday, March 12, 2006

Prague Winter

There is nine inches of snow in Prague today. So I've gone and done the touristy thing and slid and slithered along the Charles Bridge. There's a reason it is touristy, and that is because it is bloody fantastic. Photo's later when I'm home. There were a number of beggars who had prostrated themselves in the snow. Heaven knows how they survive. I didn't give money. Not sure how I feel about that. Should they receive something for their dedication? Should I encourage their stupidity? Do I sound callous? Probably.

Tonight, my last in Prague, I am off to an open mic session in Inognito Cafe in Vinohrady. Before then I'm planning on finding a shop that sold me attractive but imbalanced coffee cups last time I was in Prague. I am also hoping to find a music shop to find a gift for Patrick and Jitka. I'm thinking of imposing some of the Back to Mine series on them. Be a bugger if they are reading this before they get it. No surprises here then!

Tomorrow, Cesky Krumlov. I'm assuming that I can find accommodation when I get there...

3 comments:

Matt said...

sounds like you're having a great time, Rich. We remembered you and prayed for you on Sunday night. See you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Thanks matt. It's not such a great time now, as you might have spotted in the blog entries.

Sean said...

Thank you for blog Richard!
Unfortunately, I haven't been in Prague in March! But I believe that it is fantastic there! I have been around Christmas and New Year! It was great time! But you have to reserve in Prague accommodation before, because at that period a lot of tourists visit Prague! I visited a lot of sights! I really enjoyed!