Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Shagged Mr. Richard

When I get the next beer down me I'm raising a glass to all the poor bastards like me who were on the Poon Hill loop during the first week of February.

I didn't climb Poon Hill. I did climb 3000 odd metres. But there was no point climbing Poon Hill. Quite frankly I'm wondering what the point of the past five days was.

For the past five days the Annapurna Sanctuary has been covered in thick cloud and heavy rain. As a result I am cold, wet, tired and more than just a little grumpy. And I saw s.f.a of any mountains. Still, I suppose I do feel better for the exercise and if there is one point or lesson to take from this, it's to check the bloody weather forecast before setting off.

If this is paradise
I wish I had a lawnmower
-Talking Heads

No comments: