Saturday, November 19, 2005

High in the Sky

I'm posting this at 40,000 feet. Due to the wonders of wireless internet and Boeing and Singapore Airlines I can surf the web, sorry, work, while a 747 takes me to Singapore. And then on to Java tomorrow morning. This is pretty sweet.

Which is not entirely a good reflection on how I really am. I'm feeling rather drained emotionally and physically. I've been putting a lot out recently, some on other people, but mostly on myself. I think sometimes when I give it is done selfishly, that is I also give to my own ends, whether wittingly or unwittingly. As a consequence I think I give too much and then I resent it. It all becomes a bit unsustainable, really. I've been pondering this for some time now and have been rather useless in looking after myself. I need to become aware when I am burning myself out and I need to realise that there are times when I need to take energy in and that there are times when I need to leave well enough alone.

Right now I'd like to give the screaming child in front of me something. I'm not a nice person on long haul flights.

The way this flight is scheduled I'm landing at midnight UK time but in the morning Singapore time so I don't realy get a night so I best work now and then get some shuteye.

Au revoir from somewhere over the Middle East

No comments: